High induction, draught-free side blow diffuser with manually adjustable multi-stream discharge direction, for installation in walls or bulkheads.
Volume flow rate range
- 30 – 500 L/s (108 – 1800 m³/h)
- 0.6 m
- 0.95 m
- 1.5 m
- Bespoke lengths ≤ 1.5 m available
- 134 mm
- 173 mm
- 212 mm
- 251 mm
- Highly inductive multi-stream discharge for draught-free comfort.
- Multi-stream discharge direction manually adjustable via Allen key through diffuser face.
- Allen key adjustment prevents inadvertent discharge direction adjustment (eg by cleaners).
- Black plastic discharge elements (ABS, V0 fire rated) located behind the perforated discharge face break the airflow into a multitude of highly inductive individual air streams of differing discharge direction.
- Adjustable air streams have four different discharge angles, with the outer angles flatter than inner ones, and each may be rotated to one of six discharge directions, ensuring highly inductive, broad dispersion of the supply air flow for draught-free air supply.
- Perforated discharge face and frame of metal, painted to colour of choice.
The SMARTEMP Perforated Multistream Diffuser, type PMW-AD, is a high induction sidewall diffuser with manually adjustable discharge direction.
High levels of draught-free thermal comfort are provided by the multitude of highly inductive individual air streams discharged from its perforated face. It is well suited to high comfort applications such as hotel rooms, apartments, restaurants, aged care and offices.
The patent pending design discharges a multitude of individual, high momentum air streams, each of differing direction. The discrete discharge directions prevent the air streams from coalescing, thereby maximising induction. High induction intensely dilutes each air stream with room air to produce a strong increase in the supply air stream mass flow rate, as well as rapid discharge velocity decay. At any given airflow rate, the SMARTEMP PMW-AD diffuser is suitable for both long throws (due to the high momentum of the moving away from the diffuser) as well as short throws (due to the low air velocity).
The SMARTEMP PMW-AD diffuser is suitable for substantially CAV systems (turndown to no less than 50%) including low temperature supply air systems in which ΔTsupply-room ≤ -15 K. Enhanced levels of draught-free comfort are achieved, with air diffusion performance index values (ADPI) typically in excess of 90%.
Download Technical Data >>